AN ENTIRE YEAR?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO.
WHY IS THE PROGRAM SO DIFFERENT AND WHY WILL IT WORK?
How is this curriculum different from the rest of the nutrition world? Look around. How are people delivering nutrition information?
- If it’s organized and systematic, it’s in a formal education setting, and often theoretical. Like a college course. Your clients aren’t going to read a textbook or enroll in grad school to learn about glycolysis just so they can get in shape.
- If it’s on a blog, or a website, it’s all over the place. A bit of this, a bit of that, with no clear order.
- Also, if it’s on a blog, or a website, you can’t be sure it’s any good. You can’t always test or trust the quality. You don’t know if the information provider is using scientific research, or has ever worked with clients.
- scientific research - we’ve read literally thousands of clinical studies so you don’t have to, and we upgrade our knowledge constantly;
- best practices in nutrition, and behavior change, and adult education;
- real-life experience with 45,000 clients; and most importantly actually teaching people how to do real-life things that will change their bodies, rather than just sharing theoretical or technical knowledge.
STILL NOT CONVINCED?
- The coaching curriculum is practice-based.You can’t learn to ride a bike from reading a book. Likewise, you can’t learn to eat better from just reading a book (or a blog).
- You have to practice eating better. Which means practicing particular skills and actions consistently. Like Nike says, just do it.
- When it comes to improving health, body composition, or athletic performance, it doesn’t matter what you know or what you say. The only thing that matters is what you do, consistently.
- We give our clients some information to help them understand what we ask them to do, and why. We also get them thinking or playing with ideas and imagination. But mostly, we ask them to do stuff. Experiment. Explore. Experience. Try things. See what works. Get real-time feedback. Practice.
- Only action can create change.
Successful people make decisions quickly and change their minds slowly...Conversely, unsuccessful people make decisions slowly and change their minds quickly. Choose to be successful!